To cut to the chase: YES!
But to back up: we went for a twilight walk on Saturday, paying our first visit to The Highline, a new park & promenade that’s been created from abandoned rail tracks above the streets of Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood.
It’s a wonderful gathering place: lots of places to sit and watch the passing scene, cool breezes above the streets, and stunning plantings of native grasses and wildflowers.
Someone later asked me — does the Highline have good Feng Shui?
One of the main goals of Feng Shui is to bring us into harmony with the natural world, and the Highline gives us so much:
- stunning views of the Hudson River (the Water element),
- healthy and diverse plantings (Wood),
- great light and new ways to enjoy being with people (Fire),
- a beautiful, long, flat pathway (Earth)
- and the abandoned railroad tracks themselves (Metal).
So whether its creators set out to achieve this or not, the Highline has great Feng Shui.
I hope you’ll get to enjoy it soon!