The holidays can bring an overload of emotional action into your life.
So despite the madness outside, the holidays are a perfect time to turn to Feng Shui and create good Chi in three key spots: your entryway, kitchen and bedroom.
Feeling welcomed into the quiet of your own space after a long day of festivities can lift your spirits like nothing else, so use these tips to create a comfortable sanctuary now.
1. Create an entry that truly welcomes you and your guests.
- Take a moment now to clear any clutter that’s accumulated.
- Think about what you can place in your entry to create good cheer when you greet guests at the door.
2. In your kitchen, honor the foundation of your health and wealth.
- Clear off and wipe down the countertops.
- Make room for Chi to circulate freely.
- Create a kitchen you can enjoy with family and friends without having to rush around making it presentable before they arrive.
3. Look at your bedroom as the underpinning of your emotional health.
- Take a good, non-judgmental look at this important room.
- Remove anything that’s creating a feeling of pressure or chaos: too many books or photos, not enough light or comfort.
- Whatever it takes, make your bedroom your sanctuary.
What are you doing to make give your home a sense of holiday serenity and good cheer?