In Feng Shui, the Metal element represents ideas connected to organization and planning:
- Your ability to focus and bring projects to completion.
- Sharp thinking, discernment and insight.
- Your sense of smell, symbolizing your ability to “sniff out” opportunities.
- Metal also symbolizes money and finances.
Metal has a contracting energy, bringing things together with structure and good organization. When you wish to bring these qualities into your life, here are a few great ways to do so with the Metal element.
1. White, the purest of hues, is the color for Metal, but it can easily become overwhelming.
When you decorate with white, be sure to “take the edge off” by using the other elements. For example the dark blues of the Water element, or the red of Fire, soften some of Metal’s edge.
2. Circles are also associated with Metal.
A beautiful and sophisticated silver lamp adds the incisiveness of Metal without being too hard edged.
3. A playful rug featuring circles will bring Metal into the space, and makes a subtle and useful Feng Shui adjustment.
Again be sure to bring in the Fire element with red objects and warm lighting to “melt” the hardness of Metal while warming up your space..
Can you find ways to add this purest of shapes to your space?
How else might you bring the powerful qualities of Metal into your environment?