My recent post about placing a Buddha in a Feng Shui garden brought queries about what to do if you’re “garden-free.”
Julie writes, “I have a 2nd story balcony but no green space of my own. Can you suggest anything along the lines of a Buddha in a window box or other such garden-less options for good Feng Shui?“
There are several ways to bring this wonderful serene quality to your window, even without actual garden space.
Here are a few ideas:
- Circulate good Chi energy by creating a window-box for one of your other windows. In this way, in addition to your balcony, you’ll see life and vitality wherever you look.
- Place a beautiful Buddha or other small statue (like a Ganesh, perhaps) inside your space and surround him with indoor plants. Be sure to give him a pedestal to rest on!
- Outside, on your small balcony, raise your statue to a height that allows you to see him from inside.
- If you like, give him a small outdoor garden environment that both you and he can enjoy 🙂
- If garden maintenance is an issue, use high-quality artificial plants or annuals, changing them seasonally as appropriate.
When you make sure you can see your setup from inside your space, you create a lovely, strong Chi energy connection.
(Photo courtesy of Tiffany_Terry on Flickr)