Whether you go to an office or work from home, your success is enhanced when you work in an atmosphere that supports your ability to focus and be productive.
Here are nine top Office Feng Shui tips guaranteed to create a space where you can be as creative, productive and successful as possible.
- Use Feng Shui’s Bagua Map for Business to place things in your office. (Download an Office Bagua Map here.) For example, client files go in the Relationships area, while revenue-related items go in the Wealth corner.
- Declutter! Clutter accumulates fast in a busy workspace. Clear your desktop of non-essential items, create files that support your work, archive materials you no longer work with, and schedule one day per year for a total cleanup.
- Devote a half-day to unpacking boxes from your last office move so they don’t become obstacles, or worse, auxiliary pieces of furniture.
- Set up a tabletop fountain (affiliate link)if possible to symbolically bring in wealth and create subtle background noise. Alternatively, a photo of a beautiful waterfall creates a similar impression of abundance.
- Use high-quality file cabinets — they can change your life because they’re built for easy access. Lateral cabinets are only 18” deep, so they make a sleek, yet super-functional, addition to your workspace.
- Place your desk in the Command Position, facing the door. “No surprises” is something we want at work as much as possible
- Place a small fan under your desk to circulate air & Chi energy. Its white noise soothes the atmosphere and provides fresh air that improves your ability to concentrate.
- Get a “do not disturb” sign for your door to reduce unwanted interruptions.
- Anchor your personality with a piece of art you love, awards or special gifts you’ve received, or anything that reminds you of your uniqueness.
Need a hand making your office your own? Let me know
(Photo courtesy of Ada Gonzalez on Pinterest.)