When times are tough, Feng Shui provides a unique and powerful kind of support that isn’t offered in any other place.
It helps you set up an environment where you feel safe and secure, and guides you to create a positive and comfortable place to live or work when you’re feeling challenged or anxious.
Download the Bagua map here, and discover nine ways to boost your serenity, confidence and sense of abundance.
To begin, align the map so the entry to the space lines up with the bottom of the map where it says “Entry Quadrant.” You always enter your space through the “Travel & Helpful People,” “Career,” or “Knowledge & Self-Cultivation” area.
Starting with “New Beginnings” on the left side of the map, here are nine ways to enhance your space with Feng Shui when times are tough. Give each one careful consideration and use those that apply best to your personal situation.
1. New Beginnings: If you feel stuck and want a fresh start, the perfect symbol to place in this part of the Bagua is a healthy, vigorous plant with an upright growth habit. (If you’re not a “plant person,” see my post about plant alternatives) No spiky (ouch!) plants, please!
2. Wealth & Abundance: In Feng Shui the source of Wealth is Gratitude. Place something here that symbolizes prosperity to you and for which you feel truly grateful.
This may be something with monetary value, something personally meaningful (such as a photo of your family), or anything that reminds you of how much you have to be grateful for.
3. Fame & Reputation: How do you wish to “shine your light” in the world? Place something here that symbolizes that idea: it could be as simple as a bright light or beautiful candle. Whatever it is, be sure to invest it with positive energy.
4. Love & Marriage: This area is about loving your partner (if you have one) as well as loving yourself. It’s associated with the Earth element, which represents the nurturing, physical side of life.
Make yourself comfortable, create a cozy spot for yourself, and set yourself up to feel nourished in every way.
5. Children & Projects: This area is about having confidence in the future. It’s the ideal place for representing your hopes with a vision board or other symbol of optimism.
6. Travel & Helpful People: This area of the Bagua also means “synchronicity,” the amazing and wonderful coincidences that change your life for the better. Place a photo or piece of art here that honors the people who have made a difference in your life.
7. Career: The element of Water corresponds to the Career area, representing your life’s journey. Water also symbolizes cash flow in Feng Shui, so watery artwork or water feature is ideal for this area.
8. Knowledge & Self-Cultivation: Make time to keep learning and growing so you’re ready for the changes ahead. Symbols of calmness and inner growth — books, a serene piece of artwork, something to meditate on — are perfect here.
9. Center: The Center of the Bagua, representing vitality and health, brings everything together. A clear and open Center helps keep all the other areas connected and in balance.
The Center is where Yin & Yang come together, bringing your entire space into harmony.
Given the special challenges in today’s world, it’s important to consider how every area of the Bagua may be influencing your life, for better or worse.
So take a deep breath, use your imagination, and put Feng Shui to work to enhance your life in nine different ways.