A question came in from Sarah a few days ago about Feng Shui tips for reducing conflict at home between young children.
Try these Feng Shui adjustments for kids, to calm things down and create an atmosphere that fosters cooperation between them.
1. Cool down a Yang environment. Bright colors and an overly busy play-space can encourage aggressive behavior.
- Try painting the walls with soft Yin colors like pale blues and greens.
- Clear out any toys that aren’t currently being enjoyed by the children.
- Avoid bright overhead lights, which can feel oppressive, filling in the room with floor and table lamps that create soft pools of light for focused play.
2. Enhance the appropriate areas of the Bagua: Children and Family.
- The Children area is located in the middle of the right hand side of your home or the children’s playroom. Enhance it with your kids’ artwork or other projects they’re working on.
- The Family area is exactly opposite on the left hand side of your space. A great enhancement for this area is happy family photos that remind the kids of their most important support network 🙂
3. Empower each child with his or her own designated area, creating a sense of ownership and boundaries.
What have I missed? Let me — and Sarah! — know in the Comments.