One of the questions I get asked most frequently is, “How did you get into Feng Shui?”
I started my Feng Shui career because I wanted to transform other people’s lives as mine had changed over 14 years ago, thanks to Feng Shui.
A little bit of the story is on my website — I’d just gotten divorced, wasn’t happy at work, and generally felt that things weren’t going so well in my life.
But the question was, what could I actually do to make things better? I’d started writing Morning Pages and seeing a therapist, but it didn’t feel like enough.
I needed something visible, physical, that would reflect the changes I desired.
At this critical moment I enrolled in a Feng Shui course at New York’s Open Center. It was the first of many synchronicities I was about to experience, thanks to Feng Shui.
My first task was to identify my goals and dreams. I decided to focus on
- repairing my relationship with my family,
- crafting a more satisfying career for myself, and
- developing relationships with friends who had a positive outlook on life.
I still recall some of the changes I made to anchor these important Intentions.
- Photos of my Mom, Dad & sister went into the Family area, along with a thriving plant to symbolize healthy energy.
- Pictures of the kind of career I dreamed about, plus a black doormat to symbolize Water, went into the Career and Life Journey area.
- And I asked a few of my closest friends to give me small keepsakes to embody their positive energy in my apartment, which I placed in the Helpful People area.
I made other changes as well, rearranging furniture, clearing clutter and changing colors and artwork.
My apartment looked and felt like a completely different place: nourishing, welcoming, energized.
And the outcome was amazing: my career evolved into something I truly enjoyed, I settled into a more loving and sincere relationship with my family, and I created a network of wonderful friends who are still in my life today.
I discovered that the power of Feng Shui is the power of Intention, with visible and physical energies to back it up.
And that’s how I arrived at the point I’m at today.
Does anything about my experience surprise you?