A concerned reader wrote this week to ask how she can give her master bedroom good Feng Shui.
Why is she so concerned?
Because her bedroom is located in the Career sector of the Feng Shui Bagua in her home: front and center.
My reader is right, her bedroom is not in the ideal location from a Feng Shui perspective.
There are a few reasons Feng Shui does not consider the front of a home to be the best spot for a bedroom.
- The front of your home is (obviously) closer to your front door, which may compromise your safety.
- The area near your front door is also less private than rooms towards the back of the home.
- Ideally your bedroom is located in the Commanding Position of your home in the back left or right corner, where you can be in the best control of what goes on in your home.
(Learn everything you need to know about the Bagua Map in my new ebook, Map Your Space To Change Your Life: The Feng Shui Bagua Map.)
She asked, “Do you have any suggestions besides making sure the room has good Feng Shui basics?”
Creating good bedroom Feng Shui is definitely the best place to start, no matter where your bedroom is located.
If your bedroom is located in the front of your home, here are a few more ways to give it the best possible Feng Shui:
- Hang a bell on the inside of your home’s front door to alert you when anyone enters or leaves.
- Symbolically “pull” your bed into the back of your home by placing a mirror opposite the bed, in the room that’s at the back of your home (so in the Fame & Reputation area, opposite Career on the Bagua).
- The Career sector of the Bagua is associated with your Life Journey. Anchor this energy with art and photos that remind you of uplifting experiences you’ve had — and plan to have.
- Enhance the bedroom with Earth energy, the element that provides support and nourishment in your master bedroom.
How else might you suggest making this room the sanctuary that every master bedroom needs to be?