Blog reader Yve has been asking a lot of great questions lately and today she’s come up with one that gets asked with surprising frequency:
“What if my master bathroom is in the Wealth area of my home?”
While placing the master bedroom at the back of the home is excellent Feng Shui (find some of the reasons for that here), many home designs place the master bath in the back left-hand corner of the home — exactly where the Bagua’s Wealth area is located.
This is an issue because
- The entire function of the master bath is to deal with and drain away dirt and waste.
- The master bathroom contains the most draining energy in your home. The toilet, sink, shower and bathtub are powerful drains that can suck away vital positive energy if you’re not careful.
- It is a “Yin” room because it’s all about wetness and water, and because it’s often windowless and dark.
Interestingly, the energy of the Wealth area is also Yin — it anchors feelings of gratitude for the abundance in your life, symbolized by a gentle, gathering wind.
Even so, you don’t want the abundance you gather to yourself to “go down the drain.”
So here are a few ways to create great Feng Shui when your master bath is in the Wealth area:
- Counteract draining energy with the uplifting energy of Wood. This might mean the color green, botanical artwork, vertical design elements, or best of all, a healthy plant.
- Anchor your Wealth intention with something that reminds you of abundance. I recommend using something costly: high-end towels, a fabulous piece of artwork, a custom-made vanity.
- Give your bathroom a spa-like feel: clutter-free, spotlessly clean, and filled with self-care products that make you look and feel great.
- And don’t forget to keep the toilet lid closed!
Have I forgotten anything? What other suggestions might make a master bath feel Wealthy?