Did you know that you have a “personality type” in Feng Shui?
Each of us is made up of a combination of all of Feng Shui’s Five Elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water.
But one element always predominates — the one that corresponds to your personal Archetype.
Your Archetype represents your innermost qualities and the way you express yourself in the world.
Seeing yourself through this unique lens helps you stay in balance by showing you how to enhance the traits that make you feel best, and downplay or reduce the qualities that aren’t working for you right now.
Over the course of your life your basic Archetype will not change, although the balance within you may.
So keep your Archetype in mind as life moves through its cycles and you’ll be better prepared to maintain your balance, come what may.
Which Feng Shui Personality Type describes you best?
The PIONEER: Archetype of the WOOD element
* Values personal freedom, confident, purposeful
* Competitive, ambitious, direct
* Good at planning and strategy
* Idealistic, flexible, optimistic
*Enhance your Archetype with Wood, nourish it with Water, restrain it with Metal
The WIZARD: Archetype of the FIRE element
* Charismatic, enthusiastic, empathetic
* Values clarity, inspiration, insight
* Alert, lively, and social
* Dynamic, communicative, passionate
*Enhance your Archetype with Fire, nourish it with Wood; restrain it with Water
The PEACEMAKER: Archetype of the EARTH element
* Centeredness, stability
* Sociable, agreeable, attentive
* Has a great need to “belong”
* Reliable, nurturing, supportive
*Enhance your Archetype with Earth, nourish it with Fire, restrain it with Wood
The ALCHEMIST: Archetype of the METAL element
* Values structure, precision, efficiency
* Good at boundaries: self-reliant, needs personal space
* Discerning, methodical, scrupulous
* Neat, calm, disciplined, honorable
*Enhance your Archetype with Metal, nourish it with Earth, restrain it with Fire.
The PHILOSOPHER: Archetype of the WATER element
* Introspective, curious, watchful
* Lucid, reflective, hates waste (thrifty!)
* Candid, modest, objective
* Values ingenuity
*Enhance your Archetype with Water, nourish it with Metal, restrain it with Earth.
What do you think of this perspective? Does knowing something about your Archetype help you to see yourself better?
Learn more here about how Feng Shui’s Five Elements nourish and balance one another.
If you’d like to dig even deeper I recommend one of my favorite books on this topic, Between Heaven and Earth, by Beinfield & Korngold.
And don’t hesitate to let me know how I can help you anchor — and balance — your Archetype, within your space.
(Balance scales photo courtesy of zodiac-pins.org)
You May Also Like: