Does your home’s lighting have good Feng Shui?
Here’s how to find out:
- In your living room, do you feel invited to have a conversation in the evening, read a magazine, work on a hobby?
- How about your bedroom — is it appealing, serene, romantic, sheltering? Can you easily read in bed?
- How comfortable is it to work in your office? Do you find yourself moving from spot to spot so you can see better?
Well-designed lighting is essential if your home is to have good Feng Shui.
- Light represents the Fire element, one of the Five Elements that bring harmony and balance to every space.
- Good lighting balances the darkness of Yin energy with the brightness of Yang, as appropriate to every room.
- Poor lighting contributes to clutter buildup because every dimly-lit pile, drawer and overstuffed closet is more difficult to deal with.
- Good lighting is one of the Nine Chi Adjustments that can change the Chi energy of your space immediately.
Eating, talking, working, playing -> everything’s easier when you can see what you’re doing, and that’s what good Feng Shui is all about.
How do you feel about your home’s lighting? What’s your favorite type of light?
(photo from iStock)