Take a look at these wonderful doorways:
Don’t they feel welcoming, with charm and warmth to spare?
These doorways all have wonderful Feng Shui, and there are a few reasons for it. Some of the characteristics they share:
- Friendly colors — from blue to ivory, and from green to red — give every door a colorful life of its own. Read more here about Feng Shui colors.
- Healthy plants at the doorstep communicate a sense of vitality and health.
- Solid materials communicate strength: these doors create a boundary that we all need to feel safe in our homes.
- Soft shapes in the doors or other features create a sense of calm humanity. (I particularly like the one with the little moon carved into it!)
If you wish to create a front door that invites good Chi into your home, here are a few key questions to ask:
- What is the message you’d like your front door to be sending — do you want it to feel like a barrier, or an invitation?
- How visible would you like to make yourself to the world?
- What kind of Chi energy would you like to be inviting inside?
- What kind of people do you wish to attract to your door?
Once you’ve answered these questions you can begin to create a door with exactly the type of Feng Shui sensibility that’s right for you, at this moment in your life.
And later on you can change it to suit your circumstances as your life evolves.
What other characteristics do you see in these doors that gives them good Feng Shui?
(photo from iStock)