Happy New Year! In Feng Shui the celebrations have just begun, as the Lunar New Year is coming up on January 23, 2012 and the Solar New Year will be celebrated on February 4 (as it always is).
Take advantage of this exciting moment by giving your home a Feng Shui tuneup for what will be the Year Of The Water Dragon (which I will be writing more about shortly).
1. Do you have a bulletin board or other place where you keep schedules, reminders, photos and uplifting notes?
A board like this can become clogged with old Chi energy, so use this moment to clear it off completely, replacing only the things you refer to regularly.
Use the Bagua map to place things, putting your travel schedule in the lower right corner, family photos in the center left, and your business logo on top, for example.
You can see some of the changes I made to my own bulletin board here:
- my new logo in the Fame & Reputation section,
- the Emperor Suleiman’s ancient golden signature in the Wealth area,
- and classes and exhibitions I wish to attend in the lower left Knowledge section.
2. Next, create a clear path for Chi throughout your home by decluttering your hallways. Give your rugs a good shake to re-energize them for the year ahead, and arrange the hallways so Chi energy has a sinuous path to every area of your home. You’ll feel the difference every time you walk down that hallway.
3. Finally, give your front entry a good sweep, investing your actions with your intentions. What kind of energy do you wish to sweep out — and what kinds of good Chi are you hoping to attract this year?
Now place an item in or near the entry that activates your positive intention, and let it be your touchstone as you enter and leave your home throughout the year.
The Year of the Water Dragon starts in just a few weeks — now’s the time to get ready!
(photos by ABG)