Will you be moving this year? Are you looking for a home to buy, or new apartment to rent?
If so, embrace the change! While moving can be hard, it’s a perfect opportunity to use Feng Shui as a way of creating new and better opportunities for yourself in your new space.
From a Feng Shui perspective your home is a mirror of your inner self, so moving house is an opportunity to improve the Chi energy you attract and reflect.
Here are my top Feng Shui tips for evaluating the homes you survey during your search, helping you find the one that gives you the best chance for happiness in your new life.
Location & Neighborhood
- Do you feel safe as you approach the home?
- Are there good amenities (shopping, etc.) nearby, that will make your life easier once you move in?
- Does the street feel occupied on a regular basis? Watch out for a church or school nearby, for instance, whose energy can be extremely Yin or Yang.
- Is the home on a hillside? Homes on gentle slopes attract particularly good Chi because life energy is moving at a moderate pace — not stagnant, not rushing.
Entryway & First Impressions
- Is the building welcoming — does it “feel like home” when you walk through the front door?
- Is it in good repair, or do you see things that need fixing? Does it pass the “smell test”?
- As you enter the home, which room do you come into, and what’s the first thing you see? Do you feel welcomed — is this a room you’ll love to come home to every day?
- Is the home a “whole” shape, or is it missing certain pieces? Missing sections are not necessarily a deal-killer but it’s important that you feel complete and not “cut off” when you’re in the home. Take an extra walk around to be sure.
- Can you see right through the home and out a window or door when you stand in the front entryway? Chi energy tends to rush through homes with this design, a flaw you can rectify by hanging a curtain over the offending window.
- Turn around to look at the view opposite the home from its front door. Does the view lift your spirits or drag you down? This is not so easy to fix, so think about it carefully.
One of my clients recently used these guidelines to help her decide on a new place. After making some interesting requests of her real-estate agent, she is thrilled with her choice!
Use these Feng Shui househunting tips during your home search, and set yourself up with the most auspicious Chi Energy as you start your life anew.
You May Also Like: