The energy you wish to tap into in your office depends on the type of business you’re in and your business goals right now. But color choice can be challenging in a business environment where your options may be limited.
The Five Feng Shui Elements – Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water – are each associated with specific colors, with varying effects on your worklife.
- Wood, the element of new beginnings, growth and teamwork, is connected with medium or light blues and greens.
Wood colors are most useful when you are working on new projects, trying to create a sense of teamwork and growth, when your business is connected with investment growth, or when you are concerned about the general health of your career.
- Fire is the “showiest” element, indicating high energy and the visibility – Fame & Reputation — of your business. Reds and dark pinks represent Fire in your environment.
Use Fire colors to add a spark of vitality and passion to your business. These colors are especially important when you’re making a marketing push to increase your company’s visibility. If you don’t want to “shout” your enthusiastic intentions, use Fire colors in more imaginative ways with red file folders, for instance.
- Earth’s colors – yellows, golds and tans — represent stability and nourishment. As the center of the Bagua map it’s considered the color of centralized authority, power and control.
Use Earth colors when stability is a fundamental business value; businesses that benefit from Earth colors include accounting and law firms, where a steady, authoritative approach is the key to success.
Earth is also appropriate when the going gets rough and you need to steady your business nerves!
- Metal represents calmness, creativity, organization and good planning; its color is white. You’ve probably noticed how common white is in business décor; this is because every business benefits from good preparation and execution!
If you find yourself in an environment that’s overly white, use the other elements to bring it into balance. The coolness of Metal is controlled by the warmth of Fire, so bring some red accents into your office to add passion and enthusiasm to your well-planned workday.
- Water represents insight, creative perception and mystery. Its color is black and very dark shades of blue.
Water is a wonderful color to use if you’re in a creative field where ideas need to flow freely. So it’s a great element to utilize when you need to get your creative juices flowing, and think “out of the box” about your business.
Learn more about how to use the Five Elements in your space by consulting my articles about the Five Elements cycles.
And please let me know if you have any questions about this key aspect of Feng Shui, and how I can help you enhance your life with its power and beauty.
You May Also Like: