This post continues my series Using Feng Shui to Cope With Divorce, which looks at getting support from the Feng Shui Bagua Map during one of the most stressful times of your life.
The Feng Shui Bagua is a wonderful tool that helps you get “unstuck” and start life over when a long-term relationship has come to an end.
It also helps focus attention on parts of your life that may have gotten lost in your feelings of sadness and confusion.
When your romantic relationship is breaking up you are at a crossroads in your life, forced to make a New Beginning without your longtime partner at your side.
The nature of your family relationships changes as well.
Enhance your space and create fresh new energy as you re-boot your life with one or more of the following Feng Shui adjustments:
- Pull out family photos that evoke the love and support you need right now. Place them where you can see them every day, and draw on them for emotional sustenance.
- Let go of any “dead wood” in your environment — clutter, unhappy reminders of your former relationship, sickly plants and dried plant material.
- Buy a glowingly healthy young plant to nourish as you begin your healing journey.
- Start a Gratitude Journal to record the steps you take on your New Beginning in life.
On a personal note, when I was divorcing several years ago, I found that I’d been dedicating so much attention to saving my relationship that I’d lost touch with my immediate family, the people who were most likely to support me during the difficult days ahead.
So New Beginnings & Family was the first area I chose to focus on.
What ideas do you have for anchoring the energy of New Beginnings and Family when it’s time to start over?
This is part of my Using Feng Shui to Recover From Divorce series, which gives you ways to use all nine areas of the Feng Shui Bagua Map to recover from divorce.
Read the whole series here:
- Part 1: Starting Over
- Part 2: Recovering Abundance
- Part 3: Shine Your Light On Your Own Terms
- Part 4: Renew Your Relationship With Yourself
- Part 5: Creating Your Future, Finding Your Joy
- Part 6: Whose Help Do You Need?
- Part 7: Moving Forward On Your Life’s Journey
- Part 8: Know Yourself To Find Your Peace
- Part 9:Re-Center, Re-connect, Re-energize