When a longtime relationship comes to an end, you may find yourself experiencing one of the toughest, most stressful events life has to offer.
At this moment it seems almost impossible to imagine what your future will hold.
Moving forward to create the joyous future you desire means taking the type of risks you may never have taken before — scary stuff!
The Feng Shui Bagua Map gives you a physical place to anchor these roiling emotions and bring order to your sense of chaos. This area is called “Children & Future Potential.”
Associated with the beauty of the sunset and the joys of harvest-time, the Children & Future Potential sector of the Bagua is located in the middle-right of your space.
Use this area to slow down a bit. Recognizing the sadness of this moment, the “sunset” of your relationship, is an important part of healing and gives you a foundation for building your future with a sense of joy and possibility.
- Separate the wheat from the chaff by asking, “What do I wish to hold onto from my former relationship, and what’s best to let go of?”
- Ask yourself, “What brings me back to a sense of childlike joy?” The simple act of making a list of the things you enjoyed doing as a child will trigger activities you’d love to revisit — go ahead and get back on that bike, or make a finger-painting ;)!
- Organize your thoughts with a journal that you keep for at least a little while, writing your feelings out on white or pastel paper, the color Feng Shui recommends for this sector of your space.
The healthy Chi energy you create helps reap the positive things that are emerging in your life right now so you can set out in your chosen new direction with a feeling of satisfaction and fullness.
And isn’t that what harvest-time is all about?
(Harvest photo courtesy czechmatediary.com)
This is part of my Using Feng Shui to Recover From Divorce series, which gives you ways to use all nine areas of the Feng Shui Bagua Map to recover from divorce.
Read the whole series here:
- Part 1: Starting Over
- Part 2: Recovering Abundance
- Part 3: Shine Your Light On Your Own Terms
- Part 4: Renew Your Relationship With Yourself
- Part 5: Creating Your Future, Finding Your Joy
- Part 6: Whose Help Do You Need?
- Part 7: Moving Forward On Your Life’s Journey
- Part 8: Know Yourself To Find Your Peace
- Part 9: Re-Center, Re-connect, Re-energize