If your marriage didn’t work, did you feel that you’d submerged important aspects of your personality for the “good of the relationship”?
This situation can never last. If a relationwhip is to endure each partner must always feel that they are whole and able to shine the light of their personality in the world.
So as you emerge from a divorce, recovering your Fame & Reputation may be one of your main post-split tasks.
In fact this very week we are witnessing the dissolution of a celebrity marriage where this exact issue is taking center stage.
In her earliest divorce filings against Tom Cruise, one of the first things Katie Holmes did was revert to her pre-marriage name of “Katie,” rather than “Kate,” which her husband started calling her when they got together.
Apparently it never felt quite right to her, especially as a highly-visible actress whose name is so important to her reputation.
So we are all witnesses as Katie Holmes begins to recover her self-hood, her ability to shine her light as she wishes to. She is beginning to recover her Fame & Reputation on her own terms.
If this issue is familiar to you post split-up, using the Feng Shui Bagua Map as you emerge from your divorce will help you bring yourself back into the light.
The Fame & Reputation sector of the Bagua is located in the center of the rear portion of your space. It is associated with the Fire element: all about your emotional life, your heart, your passions and your inner light.
To start the process of recovering your sense of self, enhance the Fame & Reputation area of your environment.
- Make sure the area is free of clutter.
- Place some beautiful sources of illumination here – candles or a beautiful lamp – to signify your intention to shine your light on your own terms.
- Then, gather things together that remind you of how you wish to be seen in the world, and using the power of your intention, carefully place them here.Katie Holmes, for example, might place her very own name (in big letters!) on the wall here.
How will you revive your light?
What are some of the things you’ll be doing to illuminate the world with your true self?
This is part of my Using Feng Shui to Recover From Divorce series, which gives you ways to use all nine areas of the Feng Shui Bagua Map to recover from divorce.
Read the whole series here:
- Part 1: Starting Over
- Part 2: Recovering Abundance
- Part 3: Shine Your Light On Your Own Terms
- Part 4: Renew Your Relationship With Yourself
- Part 5: Creating Your Future, Finding Your Joy
- Part 6: Whose Help Do You Need?
- Part 7: Moving Forward On Your Life’s Journey
- Part 8: Know Yourself To Find Your Peace
- Part 9:Re-Center, Re-connect, Re-energize