When you’ve been in a marriage or serious relationship for a long time, part of the sense of loss you experience when it ends may be the unsettling realization that you no longer know yourself very well.
If your innermost needs were not being met by your former relationship, now is the perfect time to find out who you are again.
It may seem ironic, but the Marriage & Relationship sector is one of the most important areas of the Feng Shui Bagua Map for you to focus on now, even though you’re no longer in a romantic relationship.
Instead, use the power of the Relationship area to re-establish your bond with yourself for a change, a major shift from nurturing a romantic partner.
This area of the Bagua, in the back right-hand corner of your space, gives you the opportunity and the space to ask yourself some very important questions:
- What comforts and nurtures you best?
- What activities do you enjoy the most?
- What turns you on, and what absolutely turns you off?
- What makes you laugh — and what makes you cry?
- What kinds of things do you need to have around you to feel truly cherished and supported?
The Marriage & Relationship area, associated with Mother Earth, gives you a place in your home to investigate, and ultimately to activate, all the nourishing energy you so richly deserve.
Play and experiment, finding just the objects, art and colors you need to feel nourished and in loving relationship with yourself.
When the time is right for you to enter into another intimate relationship, you’ll know just how you need to be taken care of.
Your renewed and healthy self-relationship sets the stage for a fulfilling relationship with someone who fits your needs and desires better than ever before.
I urge you to harness the compassionate power of Feng Shui at this critical time in your life.
This is part of my Using Feng Shui to Recover From Divorce series, which gives you ways to use all nine areas of the Feng Shui Bagua Map to recover from divorce.
Read the whole series here:
- Part 1: Starting Over
- Part 2: Recovering Abundance
- Part 3: Shine Your Light On Your Own Terms
- Part 4: Renew Your Relationship With Yourself
- Part 5: Creating Your Future, Finding Your Joy
- Part 6: Whose Help Do You Need?
- Part 7: Moving Forward On Your Life’s Journey
- Part 8: Know Yourself To Find Your Peace
- Part 9: Re-Center, Re-connect, Re-energize