The breakup of a longterm relationship can be very disorienting.
Many, many questions are likely to come up that have never occurred to you before.
The longer the relationship, the more urgent it becomes to find satisfying answers to questions like,
- “Can I be happy as a single person?”
- “How well do I know myself anymore?”
- “How can find a sense of peace amidst this emotional uproar?”.
Feng Shui’s Bagua Map gives you a place to rest and begin to answer just such questions in the Knowledge & Self-Cultivation area of your home.
Located in the inner-left hand corner of your space, the Knowledge & Self-Cultivation sector helps you slow down and reflect as you begin to re-build your life.
This area is symbolized by the image of the Mountain: stable, calm and timeless. The mountain is made of the nourishing Earth element that sustains you when times are tough; it stands tall and strong, giving you a sense of protection and safety.
The Knowledge & Self-Cultivation sector is a great place for a library of the books that are most nourishing to you right now.
Whether they’re your favorite art books (my first selection when I was divorcing) or self-help books to get you through tough times (I chose a few a bit further along in my journey), utilize this area to sit still and get re-acquainted with yourself.
This is part of my Using Feng Shui to Recover From Divorce series, which gives you ways to use all nine areas of the Feng Shui Bagua Map to recover from divorce.
Read the whole series here:
- Part 1: Starting Over
- Part 2: Recovering Abundance
- Part 3: Shine Your Light On Your Own Terms
- Part 4: Renew Your Relationship With Yourself
- Part 5: Creating Your Future, Finding Your Joy
- Part 6: Whose Help Do You Need?
- Part 7: Moving Forward On Your Life’s Journey
- Part 8: Know Yourself To Find Your Peace
- Part 9:Re-Center, Re-connect, Re-energize