You’ve just gone through a terrible breakup (aren’t they all?).
It’s time to re-boot and one of the most important places to start is in the most important room in your life, your master bedroom.
Here are five post-divorce Feng Shui bedroom strategies to help you speed up the healing process and move smoothly into the next important phase of your life.
1. Change the sheets and linens on your bed — new patterns, colors and textures create fresh energy and a feeling of luxury when you need it the most.
- It may seem obvious but this is the #1 task that will put your former relationship into the rear-view mirror as fast as possible.
2. Even better, replace the mattress if you can.
- If your relationship ended with the two of you sleeping on a King-sized bed, consider downsizing to a Queen to create a greater sense of intimacy in your bedroom.
3. If you haven’t already, remove the photos of your ex.
- Leave empty space on the walls until you find artwork you love to replace the photos. Let yourself be surprised by what comes along to fill that space!
4. Use the the Feng Shui principle of visualizing with couples and pairs to select new bedroom art and photos.
- No “singles art” in your bedroom please!
5. Clear out your closets and bureaus, starting absolutely fresh by keeping only the things you personally love and use on a regular basis.
- Leave some empty space in the closets, symbolically inviting fresh new energy into your life.
Do you have other ideas for overhauling a master bedroom, post-divorce? Please share!
And if you haven’t seen it already do check out my series of posts on Using Feng Shui To Cope With Divorce.
(photo credit: ladyfi)