Happy New Year!
Did you know that Chinese New Year celebrations continue for two weeks after New Year’s Day?
This year you have until February 24th, the date of the next full moon, to celebrate 2013’s Year of the Snake!
How are you celebrating?
There are lots of great ways to engage and attract great New Year’s Chi into your home.
Arrange beautiful bouquets of flowers around your home.
- Colorful flowers bring in the Five Elements, balancing energy and creating harmony for the year ahead.
Create abundant displays of fruit.
- Apples signify wisdom and good health.
- Tangerines and oranges symbolize wealth and good fortune.
- Pineapples represent your fame and good luck.
Dismiss bad spirits with noisemakers.
- Firecrackers are the most traditional way to go 🙂 Have fun — carefully.
- Drums and cymbals are fun for everyone and open up your space for new Chi energy.
However you choose to celebrate, I wish you the very best for the year ahead.
Gong Hee Fat Choy!
(Photo credit: Bracketing_Life on Creative Commons)