Did you know that your personal clutter style aligns with one of Feng Shui’s Five Elements?
In this five-article series, starting with the Fire element, you’ll learn which of the Five Elements resonates with your clutter style, and how to use Feng Shui to help you tackle it once and for all.
A “Fire element clutter style” results from a passionate, social and expansive nature.
- Are you surrounded by the clutter of too many projects at once, seemingly unable to finish any of them?
- Do you have such a busy social life that you don’t have time for basic cleanup?
- Are you a sentimental sort, surrounding yourself with souvenirs of long-ago travels, or outdated photos of family, friends, ex-lovers?
Fire’s expansive properties sometimes need to be tamed!
- Bring your things under control by literally using Water’s color (black!) for organizing supplies and waste-baskets.
- Consider also Water’s calm, meditative qualities, cooling down with a few nights at home alone to create clarity in your space.
- Call upon Earth to bring stability to your efforts, deciding which projects are essential and put everything else away.
- Old photos and mementos may be keeping you stuck in the past, unable to welcome a bright and happy future.
- Open up the channels of Chi by completely clearing crowded surfaces. Then replace things slowly on the shelves and surfaces, thinking carefully as you go. You will surely surprise yourself!
Clutter is always a source of imbalance and disharmony, but with Feng Shui you can start to bring it under control.
This series continues shortly with the clutter styles for Earth, Metal, Water and Wood. Stay tuned to find out which fits you best.