In Feng Shui, when Metal is in balance you feel focused, mentally sharp, and efficient. Your thinking is clear and precise, your actions logical and decisive.
But the Metal element can easily get out of balance in the pursuit of these goals, specifically when
- Things are “too” orderly. You spend all your time putting things away rather than actually focusing on your work.
- You have so many organizing systems in place that you’re overwhelmed. Your environment feels airless — there’s no breathing room for living life or getting your job done.
- Your perfectionism prevents you from asking for and getting the help you need to move forward in your life and business.
A Metal element clutter style takes the form of hiding or disguising the necessary “stuff” of life, as you dedicate precious time and resources to hiding it away.
If you feel that your clutter is more of a clutter-hiding problem, here’s what Feng Shui suggests you do to bring your Metal element back into balance.
- Take the edge off an overly cerebral atmosphere by adding bright color to your space. Warm, brilliant colors (like the Red of the Fire element) in your furnishings and organizing accessories loosen the vibe, connecting your physical self to the world around you.
- Use the Fame & Reputation aspect of the Fire element to get out and socialize, making your needs known in the world so you can attract the help you need.
- Set up a bulletin board where you can post your thoughts and ideas in no particular order. See what comes up as your tastes come together without rigid boundaries to limit them. This is the Water element at play, creating a space where you can indulge the playful side of the Metal element.
A Feng Shui clutter style when Metal is out of balance can cause you to lose sight of the lightness and joy of life.