Where do you like to work best? A quiet corporate office? The public library? Your home office? Or are you most comfortable at a nearby coffee shop?
If you enjoy working at your local cafe, you’re not alone.
Coffee shops have become entrepreneurial hubs where freelancers and other independent professionals go to work, socialize, meet potential business partners and watch the world go by.
Many say they get their best work done there, and in fact there have been studies to prove it.
Enhance your “on the road” office with a few key Feng Shui strategies to improve your productivity and business success.
- Set yourself up in the Command Position. For personal safety and enjoyment, you’ll want to visually command as much of the action as possible. In a coffee shop this means sitting towards one of the back corners, or off to one side, so you have a wide view of the space including the entry door.
- Avoid sitting directly underneath an overhead light. Harsh overhead lights are generally unavoidable in coffee shops, so do your best to position yourself outside their glare.
- Alternatively, here’s a stylish solution:
- Likewise, avoid facing into direct sun. Many coffee shops are set up with counters in the window which are great for watching the passing scene. But as soon as you find yourself squinting into the sun, think about moving back into a more powerful, and shady, spot.
- Have business cards at the ready. Placing one on the table in front of you creates good Chi energy by displaying the logo and colors you’ve chosen for your business, and makes it more likely that you’ll attract positive attention to your work.
- Wear the Feng Shui colors that suit your goals for the day: green for project breakthroughs, white or pastels for planning and organization, red to draw attention to yourself and your business, just for starters.
If you enjoy working in sometimes-crowded, somewhat-noisy spaces you’ve probably figured out a few ways to set yourself up so you can get your best work done.
Have I missed any of your favorite coffee-shop work strategies?