Feeling stressed out?
If so, you’re not alone. There are close to 90 million entries on Google for this simple, six-letter word; stress management has become an industry unto itself.
Here are the top-5 Feng Shui ways to reduce your stress starting right now.
1. Face the door
- Facing the door is the most important single thing you can do to reduce your stress.
- Put yourself in the Command Position in your bedroom, your office, your kitchen and your living room to reduce your stress in at least 12 different ways.
2. Apply the Bagua
- When you use Feng Shui’s Bagua Map to look at your space, you can begin to attend to the most important parts of your life.
- Use the Bagua to take your inner pulse: where does it hurt? Where is your stress? Use the Bagua to identify the specifics, and feel your stresses begin to melt away.
3. Know your Elements
- It often happens that Feng Shui’s Five Elements have gone out of balance, creating a subtle kind of stress. Too much Wood may mean it’s time to cut your ambitions back with Metal; too much Water may mean your life is drifting and needs to be brought under control with Earth.
- Take a look around your space with the Elements in mind and see where some stress-reducing re-balancing would make sense.
4. Clear some clutter
- What do you trip over every day? What’s hardest to reach in your closet? What can you never find, just when you need it most?
- The #1 step to a stress-free environment (with good Feng Shui 🙂 ) is to clear clutter. Just one timed clutter-clearing session can work wonders — give it a try.
5. Sit, breathe and be mindful
- The news is out: mindfulness reduces stress. Sitting still and concentrating on your breath for just 15 minutes a day reduces your stress in surprising ways. Bring good Feng Shui right into your body by improving your inner Chi with daily meditation.
Do you have other great stress-reducing tips? Please share!
(Fab photo by bottled_void on Flickr)