“Everything is alive, everything is connected, and everything is changing all the time.”
These wise words of Terah Kathryn Collins (my teacher and the author of The Western Guide To Feng Shui) seem particularly appropriate in springtime when the world feels as though it’s coming back to life.
How and why do these words matter to you? Let’s examine each phrase separately as you take a look around your space.
“Everything Is Alive.”
Besides the spinning atoms and molecules that keep everything in the universe in motion, think about how “alive” your belongings actually feel to you.
- Do you recall who gave you that piece of art or decorative piece? Why is that gift hidden away in the closet? Do the memories, people and events associated with your things feel positive to you – or not?
- To feel most supported in your life you need to surround yourself only with things you love, use and need. If your things are alive to you in a negative way, it’s time to let them go.
“Everything Is Connected.”
When you lay the Feng Shui Bagua Map over your space, you make the connection between what’s happening in your space and what’s happening in your life.
- The nine Bagua sectors touch and “communicate with” one another in various ways. How are these connections reflected in your life?
- As important as a single sector may seem in your life right now – Wealth, or Marriage & Relationship, for example – focusing on just one area throws the rest of your life out of balance.
- Support your desires holistically by balancing your attention to one Bagua sector with attention to related areas at the same time.
“Everything is changing all the time.”
This is especially obvious in Spring when changes occur quickly and beautifully. But Spring can only happen after the quiet preparations of Winter, preceded by the nurturing aspects of Fall, and so on back through time.
- There is nothing to be gained by trying to stop change from occurring; as the saying goes, the only constant is change. Yet holding back time is exactly what we try to do when we neglect the spaces we live and work in.
- Get into a new rhythm by looking around and asking, “What needs to change?” There’s a good chance that when you look up from reading this newsletter you’ll see something you’ve been itching to change for some time now.
- When you see something that needs to change I encourage you to go ahead and take care of it RIGHT NOW! Each small step in this direction brings you closer to your true self and opens up the possibilities in your life.
How can you best take advantage of the renewed energy of Spring? I’d love to give you a hand as you re-awaken yourself to the energy of your stuff.
Please get in touch for a discovery call to find out how I can help: 646-382-3878. I look forward to helping you move forward with a true sense of the great possibilities within you.