Here comes Valentine’s Day!
Despite the hype of cards, flowers and romantic dinners, if you’re looking for a way to heat up your love life, the place to start is in your bedroom.
Here are my top Feng Shui tips to help you embrace love and romance on this once-a-year day that’s all about this essential part of your life.
1. Make room for romance
- Clear out the clutter: there’s nothing less romantic than a bedroom full of stuff you don’t care about!
- Focus on the Primary Purpose of your bedroom: sanctuary, peace, romance and intimacy.
2. Remove things that don’t support romance. For instance:
- Your bedroom TV: the biggest distraction from romance that’s ever been invented ☺.
- Books: they have an energy all their own.
- Plants: which divert your attention with their own need for nourishment.
- Mirrors: they create hard, cold energy in a room that needs to be as soft and warm as possible.
- Too many pillows & stuffed animals taking up space on the bed.
- Anything with negative energy that you’re storing underneath your bed.
3. Next, attend to your bed, the most important piece of furniture in your life.
- The ideal bed size for romance? Queen-sized. (Read why Feng Shui doesn’t like King-sized beds.)
- Place your bed in the Command Position.
- Update your sheets and blankets with soft, warm textures and colors.
- If you have the space and the budget, get a bed with a solid headboard.
4. Attract love by setting up your bedroom for two. Make sure you’re ready for romance with
- Two nightstands & lamps.
- Space and an extra hanger or two in your closet.
- Two cozy rugs.
- Space on both sides of the bed for each person to move around.
5. Finally, send the universe a message with “pairs” art.
- Pairs, pairs, pairs! Two people, two flowers, two animals, two candlesticks: couples in art set the stage for romance and connectedness.
Don’t forget to attend to the Relationship area on Feng Shui’s Bagua Map in your home and in your bedroom.
Activate good energy there by making sure it’s clutter-free and open to new experiences in love and in life.
For more detailed information on any of these tips, go to the Search box on this blog (at the top of the right-hand column, above) and look around 🙂