Feng Shui is an age-old Chinese practice whose aim is to strike a balance in a space by organizing the furniture pieces present. Its goal is to invite positive energy into your home to make your life feel balanced and energized, which is an easy way to boost your space's vibes.
Aligning the energy in your home with the Feng Shui principles enables you to create a peaceful environment that promotes relaxation. It boosts your feelings of happiness while enhancing your focus by allowing for an unobstructed energy flow. Outlined below are four ways to use Feng Shui in your home.
1. Use Feng Shui colors to create a balance
While Feng Shui colors can alter your home’s vibe and environment, they have a profound impact on your behavior and energy levels. Based on the color, you may feel anxious, relaxed, romantic, or hungry. You should be careful when choosing colors for your Feng Shui home. Pick colors based on what you feel you require more in your life. To choose Feng Shui colors suitable for your space, consider the following:
- Five elements: Every Feng Shui element corresponds with particular colors. So, pick colors that trigger the kind of energy you wish to create
- Use the Feng Shui Bagua map to determine the colors that work best in various parts of your home
- Yang and yin of colors: Every color has a yang and yin energy. Balancing the yang and yin energy in your space can help you create a balanced home
- Personal energy: When picking colors for your Feng Shui design, consider your preferences and personality
- Who uses the room, and what you want to achieve with the color
2. Leverage the command position
The command position in Feng Shui is achieved by positioning furniture pieces like a desk or bed to give you a clear view of the room’s entrance, giving you a greater sense of control and security. To leverage the command position in your bedroom, ensure your bed is positioned diagonally across from the entryway, with your bed's head against a solid wall, letting you see the door when lying down. Apply this concept to other areas where you work and relax. Consider maximizing the command position in other parts of your home to create a Feng Shui space.
3. Incorporate Feng Shui plants
When it comes to the Feng Shui design, all plants aren't created equal, meaning you'll want to select those that align with your specific goals. For instance, snake plants help keep your home safe from negative energy, while the money tree plant is believed to bring good luck and positive energy to you, the plant owner. The Monstera plant represents happiness, love, and relationships. Figure out how many plants you require and find an ideal placement for them. To get the most out of your Feng Shui plants, learn how to care for them properly.
4. Declutter your home
Decluttering your home for good eng shui is important because it helps you create a positive, balanced flow of energy in your space. A cluttered space keeps good vibes from flowing freely and creates a sense of chaos. It drains your energy and makes you feel uncomfortable. When you declutter, you make room for fresh, exhilarating energy to enter, bringing good fortune and harmony.
Feng Shui is the best way to invite positive energy into your home. Consider applying these methods when using Feng Shui in your home.