Does your bedroom have ceiling beams?
Ceiling beams are a negative in a Feng Shui bedroom, especially when they’re directly over your bed.
- Heavy beams above your bed have an oppressive energy that bears down on you throughout the night.
- If you have back problems, a lengthwise beam above your bed may be to blame.
- Cross-wise beams can cause other health problems in the central part of your body.
- An overhead beam may also cause relationship troubles by symbolically dividing you from your romantic partner.
Here are three time-tested Feng Shui ceiling-beam tips for bringing your sleeping experience back into balance:
1. Place a canopy over your bed.
Bedroom beams are elegantly disguised by a generous bed canopy. When this couple lies in bed their awareness of the beams above them fades away, lightening the atmosphere and relieving them of any sense of oppression.
2. Paint the beams the same color as your ceiling
Beams that blend with the ceiling have an airy, light feeling to them, in fact they almost fade away, when they are painted the same color as your ceiling and walls.
That said, for the best Feng Shui a better solution is to hide the beams completely, as in the next example.
3. Disguise the beams by covering them with sheet rock.
If your ceiling is high enough, go ahead and cover the beams so that the entire surface is at one level. You’ll forget all about the beams, and lose the feeling of oppression and ill health at the same time.
Ceiling beams can cause health problems or worse. Use these solutions to bring Feng Shui harmony back to your bedroom today.
(photo by ABG)