Are you looking to change careers?
I’ve been receiving recent queries about using Feng Shui to enhance your prospects when changing careers.
Feng Shui is a lifelong practice, so these questions make sense especially during this transitional Year Of The Snake.
- One questioner wishes to change tracks at her current employer, moving from market analysis to sales.
- Another hopes to shift from a big corporation to a startup in the same industry.
- A third wishes to make a complete break by moving into photography, a field that’s close to her heart (and talent).
Feng Shui helps you make career changes with its Bagua Energy Map (learn about the Feng Shui Bagua Map here).
The nine areas of the Map include two that are especially germane during a career transition, the Career/Life Journey and Travel & Helpful People areas.
These two “guas” (sectors) are right next to each other on the Map, in the Center and Right front parts of your space.
For the greatest impact, enhance these areas both at home and in the place where you currently work.
Career/Life Journey: The most obvious place to begin, this sector is symbolized by the Water element whose nourishing energy carries you through the ups and downs of life.
- Enhance this sector with symbols of the hoped-for next stage of your career journey: the logo of your target business, the job title you seek,
- Post a picture of a lively stream (flowing into your space, not away from it) that carries new opportunities your way.
Travel/Helpful People: It’s a rare career transition that doesn’t require the help of others to make it happen.
- Bring focus to this aspect of the changes you desire with the names, job titles, or descriptions of the people who can help you most. Post photos of places that have inspired you to make this transition, or travels you hope to make in your new position.
- This sector is associated with the Metal element of planning and organization (qualities you’ll need as you move into your new role), so employ metal or rounded frames to organize your thoughts.
Send strong signals to the universe that you are ready for change by starting to move non-essentials out of your current office. You’ll attract positive energy to your job search and be ready to move easily and efficiently when the time is right!
Good luck with the transition!