Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2014 has been announced and it’s the gorgeous shade of Radiant Orchid.
From a Feng Shui standpoint this joyous color is a wonderful mix of qualities that add subtle enhancement and vitality to your decor.
- Radiant Orchid shades to the darker side of the pastel spectrum, so it’s an unusual mix of the light-colored Metal and darker Water elements.
- As a shade of purple it’s a mix of red and blue, representing the Fire element as well as Wood. So the color includes four out of the five elements, which creates an intrinsic sense of richness in just one color!
- Purple evokes qualities of abundance and gratitude, in fact it symbolizes and activates the Wealth area of the Bagua map.
If you’re excited to use this beautiful shade in your decorative scheme, start by thinking about the qualities you wish to bring into your environment:
- Abundance and gratitude? Use it as a rich accent in your Wealth area.
- Planning for the future? Organizational items (boxes, file folders…) in your Children sector.
- Love and passion? A heart-shaped pillow for your Relationship area.
- and the list goes on!
Have fun with your imagination on this one!
(photo credits: pantone.com, stylesight.com)